Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Quick Update from the Florida 6950 GSE team

Daphne, Kelly, David, Carole and I had an absolutely wonderful time in St Thomas. We've now been to St Croix and will be leaving BVI/Tortola for Kingston, Jamaica on Friday. It has been a busy, rewarding experience. Again I find myself in the place where I want to blog but don't have the few pictures available to me to add to the section. I promise to get a few pics from different team perspectives when I get back and have unlimited computer access.

But in the meantime, I want to let the USVI St Thomas Rotarians know that I had the most rewarding, exciting experience right there in St Thomas. I told AG Don that wherever I was, I would turn for whatever reason and literally have my breath taken away by unexpected beauty. I was so fortunate as to be hosted by Deepak and Geeta Samtani. They took excellent care of me during my stay in their home. I took over sometimes and they just let me. "Big ups" to Rohan who allowed me to steal his room for several days. I am so pleased to say that I've made several new forever friends, especially Deepak, Geeta, AG Don - I am going to annoy the snot out of you during District Conference. You are going to be asking yourselves, is she ever going to leave us alone?! But the answer is a resounding NO! I made a point to not really say Goodbye before boarding the sea plane (totally cool btw) because I knew we would be reunited in Nassau. Absence has made this heart grow fonder. I miss you all so much.

Sorry for the lack of focus and non-linear thought. But again, thank you St. Thomas Rotarians. You have made a lasting, positive impression. I hold you dear to my heart.

No comments: